We are the Category Tower Service Provider for NHS Supply Chain: Orthopaedics, Trauma and Spine, and Ophthalmology.
We manage four frameworks, one for orthopaedics and three for ophthalmology:
Total Orthopaedic Solutions 2
This is the largest NHS procurement contract (framework) and has 10 lots within it.
Orthopaedic products are used in surgery for conditions that involve the musculoskeletal system.
They cover the range of treatments and operations that are offered by the NHS including:
- Hip and knee arthroplasty, where the surface of a joint is replaced, remodelled or realigned to relieve pain and provide a working joint.
- Extremities, where products are used to treat, repair, replace, or heal injuries such as fractures, or for the management of degenerative conditions in the shoulders, upper limbs, elbows, forearms, wrists, and fingers.
- Internal and external fixation – External fixation is a surgical treatment used to set bone fractures in which a cast would not allow proper alignment of the fracture. Internal fixation involves the surgical implementation of implants for the purpose of repairing a bone.
- Arthroscopy and sports medicine
- Bone preparation
- Regenerative technology
- Orthopaedics power tools and orthopaedic general instrumentation
Complete Ophthalmology Solutions
This covers all ophthalmologic requirements from intraocular lenses (IOLs), accessories and consumables to equipment/systems including maintenance. The framework is split into eight lots.
Among the products supplied are Intraocular Lenses (IOLs), Monofocal Lens, Preloaded Monofocal Lens, Multifocal Lens, Preloaded Multifocal Lens, Toric Lens, Preloaded Toric Lens. These are implanted into the eye to treat cataracts or other eye conditions.
The framework also includes:
- Single use or reusable ophthalmic surgical instruments for carrying out operations
- Ophthalmic procedure packs and accessories, which contain the equipment needed for a procedure in sterile packaging
- Ophthalmic solutions, used to sooth and reduce irritation in eyes
- Ophthalmic gases, which are used to help the eye heal
- General Ophthalmic Accessories and Consumable
- Ophthalmic Equipment/Systems including Maintenance
Ophthalmic Capital Equipment and Associated Accessories
This includes equipment used in various diagnostic and surgical environments.
It includes ranges of:
- Ophthalmic diagnostic equipment
- Ophthalmic ultrasound equipment
- Ophthalmic surgical equipment
- Femtosecond and photoablation lasers, which are used in cataract surgery
- Ophthalmic laser equipment
- Slit lamp equipment, used to examine the eye in detail
- Retinal imaging systems, which are used to create a two-dimensional image of the three-dimensional retinal tissue as part of the diagnosis of eye conditions
- Ophthalmoscopes and retinoscopes, which are used to test for the early signs of eye conditions by testing the red reflex produced in the eye when a light is flashed at it
Intraocular Lenses, Ophthalmic Packs, Instruments, Consumables and Equipment
This framework offers products covering all clinical ophthalmic applications and technologies, providing choice and potential savings opportunities.
It has been replaced for new customers by the Complete Ophthalmology Solutions framework.Find out more